The Geeks’n’Nerds fair is currently going on – and will be until the 8th of December – so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to visit and take a few photos of my Raven avatar. I don’t think she has made an appearance on my blog yet… Oh, wait, there was that one post where I showed a few tattoos I’ve made. Well, anyway, here she is (and facing forward this time), my favourite fictional character and my favourite avatar: Raven from the Teen Titans!
Raven wears her civilian clothes with her crest on them, just in case she forgets who she is. Secret identity? What secret identity?
I found out about the Geeks’n’Nerds event through Strawberry Singh’s blog, where she’s also put up a very fitting Monday Meme. Here’s my answers for her Geek Meme – go ahead and check out her post too, maybe fill out the Geek Meme too~
- What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above? – I think I’m either a geek or a dork, or both. I’m somewhat obsessive when it comes to my fandoms (and I have many). And when it comes to subjects I’m interested in (languages! <3) I’m dedicated to studying using my own chosen methods – I don’t like being told how to study, hehe. I don’t think I’m much of a “nerd”, however… See, I don’t consider myself highly intelligent, and I wasn’t a very good student in high school as I was terribly unmotivated and in desperate need of an attitude adjustment :-p
- What was the first computer you ever owned? – I… don’t actually remember, heh… My pop bought an old computer from my uncle in, uh… it was sometime between 1996 and 1998? It didn’t last very long, but I used to play a game called “Alley Cat” on it all the time.
- When and how did you first get on the internet? – I was at my auntie’s house on Christmas Day 1999. I was being an annoying little brat as usual, so to keep me occupied my auntie and uncle set me up at the computer and showed me how to use the internet. The first website I ever visited was the official Pokémon website 😀 A few months later, my pop got a new computer and connected to the internet via Bigpond.
- Which geek fandom do you subscribe to? – Oh, wow, far too many to name! The main two are Teen Titans and AKB48, of course. But I also have a special place in my heart for the following: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Avatar: The Legend Of Aang/Korra, Pokémon, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Disney, Girls’ Generation… and a lot of other things 🙂
- Star Trek or Star Wars? – Star Wars. My ex-fiance introduced me to the series about two years ago… I know, I know, what rock had I been living under? :-p But I became a fan quite quickly. To be honest, being introduced to Star Wars is probably the best thing I got out of that relationship.
- How Geeky Are You? – I got 52%. I’m not actually all that surprised – I’m mostly just a fandom and languages geek 😉
Yes, Raven is wearing a TMNT headband. Funnily enough, she is partial to Michelangelo, for some bizarre unknown reason~…
Hair: Vibrato (Naturals) by LeLutka
Skin: Pout (pure, petal) by Curio
Lipstick: Satin Lip Rouges by Action
Eyes: Natural Eye by HAYSURIZA
Eyelashes: Eyelashes -06- Natural by *REDGRAVE*
Eyeshadow: Smoke Basics Eyeshadow by cheLLe
Chakra: Created for me a very long time ago by an old friend ❤
Hoodie: Dark Blue Hoodie by Project Kiwi *
Crest: Raven Crest by < SuperStuff >
Shorts: Jordyn Shorts – Coal by (Elephant Outfitters)
Shoes: PornStar Hi-Tops (colour change) by Urban Bomb Unit
Headband: Turtles do like Pizza Headband by Wimey **
Teacup: The Doctor’s Mugs by Noodles **
* Old item, unable to find the store…
** From Geeks’n’Nerds